Cocoon 2.2 RC1 release delayed

I have finally some free time. In Poland, 7th of June is a catholic feast so everyone has a free day.

I have a bad news about Cocoon’s upcoming release. Even though it was nearly there we had to delay the release because of small but important issue. We had a dependency on a artifact that is not officially released (and is not available on Maven’s central repository).

I think that the fault comes from the bad practice of Cocoon 2.1.x days that we were depending on snapshot versions and shipping them with our big, fat distribution. Use of Maven enforces us to be more careful on how we handle our dependencies, we need to work out new rules and practices.

I must admit that I do not blame Maven and I’m quite happy with the situation. The blocking issue should be fixed really soon and we’ll make that eagerly awaited announcement. What’s also important, we’ll not have a dependency on cryptic version of commons-jci that no one will have an idea what it was a year later.

Stay patient a little bit longer, Cocoon will come. 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: